Saturday, August 11, 2007

We're Back

So we recently had a baby which allowed for much less time on the Internet. Well, now we're getting back into a routine and I'm hoping that we can post here more often. I will say that as hot as it is outside right now (we're breaking heat records in Charlotte this week - 104 Degrees), I am looking forward to when our son is old enough to be running around the fountain with the kids in the center of Birkdale. It looks like a lot of fun and it is amazing how packed that center can get with moms and kids. I jokingly tell my wife that the water fountain is like the dog park but for kids.
Other than this past week we've had a great summer. It wasn't too hot, mid-80s mostly. I was personally expecting the heat to be much worst here during the summer. I guess that we are far enough back from the coast and close enough to the mountains that we are usually spared the extreme heat and humidity.
Anyways, if you have young kids and are coming to Birkdale, definitely have them bring their swim suits because that fountain looks like a blast.

No comments: